We're excited to introduce you to Jen, the owner and creator behind Common House Studio based in Welland, ON. Jen designs and hand paints lightweight, modern planters. We hope you enjoy getting to know her more!
1.What does the perfect morning look like to you?
- Snuggles with my son. Then coffee. Then the stereo goes on and I start painting!
2. What's your favourite thing about owning a small business?
- Having the flexibility to set my own hours and spend more time with my family.
3. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
- Morocco - I would be in inspiration overload
4. What 3 words best describe your business?
- Unique modern planters
5. What did you do before you started your business?
- I was a Product Developer for a major Canadian retailer. I designed fashion apparel for them for seven years.
6. What's your proudest moment in your business so far?
- Seeing my planters in an upscale Toronto restaurant.
7. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to and why?
- 1970 - I love the fashion and home decor
8. What's the last book you read?
- You are a badass at making money by Jen Sincero. Love all her books.
9. What's the biggest problem your business solves for people?
- It’s hard for people to find planters that are easy to move around/pick up and that look good. I am offering lightweight pots that are unique and made to order.
10. Aside from your business, what's your biggest passion?
- Clothing. I have a major shopping addiction.
11. If you could road trip anywhere next weekend, where would you go and why?
- I would pack up and drive to the east coast. I’ve never been and I love fresh seafood.