What does the perfect morning look like to you?
- A slow wake-up. A hot tea (this is especially hard to come by these days with twin toddlers running the house - most tea I drink these days has been sitting in the cup for at least 6 hours…). 80s Country music playing. Rain falling. Maybe a little fog.
What 3 words best describe your business?
- Women. Adventure. Style.
What did you do before you started your business?
- I taught Kindergarten full time and yoga/barre part-time. I like to jam-pack my days.
What's one thing people might not know about you?
- I can sing the alphabet backwards.
What makes you laugh the most?
- My husband and kids. They are FUNNY without even trying. Makes me smile SO big!
If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to and why?
- 2013. This was THE best summer I have ever had. Lots of good road trips, good food and good times.
What would you sing at Karaoke night?
- Jesse's Girl.
How would your friends describe you?
What's the biggest problem your business solves for people?
- Women are highly underrepresented in the adventure lifestyle realm. Lace Brick Design is a brand that matches locally-designed goods with the messages adventure-loving women want to share with the World. We empower passionate women - adventurers, lovers of the woods, road-trippers, full moon chasers, and backroad takers! Our customers say 'that is SO me!' when they shop and wear our goods. Mountain Girls unite!
When people shop from you, how does that impact you and your family?
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE this question. Often, Lace Brick Design is perceived as a corporate company that is run by many people doing what corporate people do. In fact, Lace Brick Design has a team of 2 (including myself) and we do all the things to run this ship! Each order that is made directly impacts my family because this is my job and this is how, in essence, I feed my family. I work hard to bring quality, relatable goods to our customers (dubbed 'The Ponytail Posse') and am grateful for the chance to show my boys a momma who has built a brand that is more than the goods we sell.
If you could road trip anywhere next weekend, where would you go and why?
- My husband and I have the Highway to the Sun on our list of next adventures!