We're excited to introduce you to Joanne, the owner of Minima Basics, out of Montreal, QC. Minima Basics is an online accessory store on a mission to help young, purpose-driven female entrepreneurs to stop feeling overwhelmed and start feeling inspired working from home. We hope you enjoy getting to know her and her business a little more!
What does the perfect morning look like to you?
- The perfect morning starts when you take it slow, to wake up smoothly and being willing and excited to wake up to do what you want in the next few hours. I normally start with a glass of iced coffee and looking through my emails and social medias.
What's your favourite thing about owning a small business?
- My day is different everyday, same goes for my mood. One day I am super positive, the other it is negative, but I get to experience something I cannot elsewhere. Owning my own business, it is to see how capable I am, how I can feel accomplished, and see the direct result.
If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
- I would like to travel in Japan. I love stationery, they have the best inspiration for that and my dream is to create stationery and home decor for my audience.
What 3 words best describe your business?
- 1. Purpose
- 2. Time Efficient
- 3. Simplicity
What did you do before you started your business?
- I was a student finishing my bachelor (Still am) working in 9 to 5 with part-time jobs because I love being busy. And I knew from the start when I start my own business, I will be working on it constantly. I love to be able to constantly do different things that I am passionate about.
What's the biggest problem your business solves for people?
- To stop feeling overwhelmed when working from home.
When people shop from you, how does that impact you and your family?
- I feel happy, I want to change the view of shopping. It is because I get a sale, it is that someone else is loving my products, it is making them feel they need it and that the next few months, years, they have decided to make a change in their lives. As for my family, it won't affect them, except me being super happy and positive, which in return they will be happy for me!
If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
- To create, to plan and to hustle!
If you could road trip anywhere next weekend, where would you go and why?
- Toronto. I would like to meet new boss babes. Toronto has the biggest community of girl bosses and I would love to visit those seminars, workshops, networking events and much more.
What's the biggest challenge you've overcome in your business?
- Since I just started, I overcame the fact that I was doubting myself when I started my business. I overcame all the imposter syndrome !