We're excited to introduce you to Marie, the owner behind Baskets by Basket Case based in Cold Lake, AB. Marie creates a variety of custom gift baskets to help you find the perfect gift for anyone on your list. We hope you enjoy getting to know her more!
What does the perfect morning look like to you?
- The perfect morning would be coffee in hand, windows open to hear the birds chirping, sun shining and watching some funny stand up comedy (Laughter is always a good way to start your day).
What 3 words best describe your business?
- Custom, fun, different
What's your favourite thing about owning a small business?
- My favorite thing about owning a small business is seeing my visions come to life and having people enjoy them. It's really rewarding!
What did you do before you started your business?
- Before I started my business I was a stay at home mom. I still work from home so technically I am still a stay at home mom but with more duties and loving every moment of it.
What's your favourite holiday and why?
- Christmas, hands down!! I love all the decorations, baking & kids Christmas concerts (there is always one that doesn't follow along and I LOVE it). It's also a time of year when people feel most generous to help others in need and I think that's pretty special.
What's one of your biggest values when it comes to your business?
- We listen. We listen to you and what you want. You know who you are buying for best and we want your gift to have meaning. Customer service is where we aim high.
What's the biggest problem your business solves for people?
- We provide people with gifting options to suit their needs and wants. We also offer convenience for people's busy schedules. We ship across Canada or if you are in the Cold Lake or Bonnyville, Alberta area we deliver for free.
What's the biggest challenge you've overcome in your business?
- The biggest challenge is myself. As a business owner starting out, you second guess everything you do. It's hard not to wonder "am I doing the right thing? is this a good move? " every step of the way. With time and a bit of experience and seeing how much joy my business brings others and myself, I do not ask myself those questions (as often lol).
When people shop from you, how does that impact you and your family?
- When people shop from me, we get to do more activities as a family. We also get to shop locally and put more money into the community.
If you could road trip anywhere next weekend, where would you go and why?
- I don't have a specific place in mind but somewhere near a lake. My family and I really want to get a little cabin on a nice lake somewhere so we can spend time as family and make some awesome memories for our boys. We live near one of the most beautiful lakes but having a cabin and just being able to walk out your door and have the water right there would be a dream.
We hope you enjoyed getting to know Marie a little more! Visit her website to view her selection of gift baskets, gift boxes, crates, dried florals, wedding favors and much more! .