We're excited to introduce you to Sarah, the owner behind Home by Sarah Nina based in Quesnel, BC. Sarah runs a home decor shop with classic and unique pieces as well as a home design business where she helps people with all stages of interior design, ranging from colour consultations to full scale designs and renovations. Enjoy!
What does the perfect morning look like to you?
- Pancakes with our kids, a cup of tea with my husband and enjoying the sunshine on our patio.
What's the biggest problem your business solves for people?
- I help people make their home the best it can be for them, both for aesthetics and function. I translate people's ideas in to practical solutions that match their style and budget. Our homes should be extensions of us and house all of our favourite things, and make us feel utterly comfortable.
What's your favourite thing about owning a small business?
- The independence! And that translates into my personal and home needs, and the flexibility it provides, as well as in my business dealings where I am the one making decisions and providing the best service and products possible.
If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
- Cannon Beach, Oregon. It's my happy place.
What 3 words best describe your business?
- Quality. Approachable. Timeless.
What did you do before you started your business?
- I was in aviation management. I was with a national airline for over a decade and learned a lot about organization and people management.
What's your proudest moment in your business so far?
- The fact that my doors are open and that I've jumped in with both feet! I never imagined that I would be an entrepreneur, and I think that I have embraced this new challenge with open arms, and for someone who tends to be risk adverse, I am proud of that.
What makes you laugh the most?
- My family. Namely my kids (hello 4 and 2 year olds are eternally unintentionally funny), though when my dad and I banter back and forth I often laugh until my stomach hurts.
What's one of your biggest values when it comes to your business?
- Integrity. I want people to know and trust that I will do what I say I will, and when I say I will. I also want my clients to know that their best interests are what drives what I do, and that I'm there to provide the products and services that they need.