We're excited to introduce you to Kathie Powell & Sarah Riley, the owners behind Anchored Collective, an apparel and accessories brand based in Sherwood Park, AB that empowers and encourages you to recognize your worth. Enjoy!
What does the perfect morning look like to you?
- Enjoying a hot cup of coffee in the quiet before the busy-ness of the day begins.
What's your favourite thing about owning a small business?
- For us, it's about working together - mom and daughter - and building community. We are able to meet and connect with other amazing business owners and customers.
If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
- Kathie - Europe (Paris), Sarah - Italy & Greece
What 3 words best describe your business?
- Uplifting, Real, Community.
What did you do before you started your business?
- Both worked corporate jobs in Health and Safety.
What's your proudest moment in your business so far?
- Being able to raise funds for non profits and families in need.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Continuing to use Anchored Collective as a platform to give back as well as to raise others up and support other businesses.
What's your favourite holiday and why?
- Christmas - it's all about giving and there is such a special, magical feel to everything.
What makes you laugh the most?
- We laugh a lot...at one another! We do weekly IGTV videos and we do LOT of laughing...we both have pretty good senses of humour and can (and do) laugh at ourselves.
What's one of your biggest values when it comes to your business?
- Giving back. Non profits, families in need - that is truly what we are all about and what Anchored Collective is meant to do.