We're excited to introduce you to Andrea Beatty, the founder of Shoes Boots n' Bags, a family owned and operated online boutique based in London, ON.
We asked Andrea a few questions about her life an as entrepreneur and know you're going to love all that she has to share. Enjoy!
What would you say is the #1 thing it takes to be successful?
- I definitely think perseverance is key.
What's one thing you do everyday that contributes to your success?
- Meditation & clarity of mind!
What's one book that's contributed to your business success?
- Life is Short, Wear Your Party Pants by Loretta LaRoche.
What is your favourite productivity tip?
- Lists are key!
What inspired you to start your business?
- Simply put - I LOVE shoes! I have always been drawn to fashion and expressing myself through clothing and footwear. As a young girl, I would look at all the lovely ladies in their stylish outfits and be drawn to their shoes. I didn't have a preference, I liked them all. As an adult, I enjoy dressing with purpose in the trends but also incorporating my own style. Over the years I realized that as my weight would go up and down, my shoes always fit. Adding the shoes wasn’t a chore it was a fun way to add pizazz. I found it easier and more fun to shop for shoes so naturally, my collection grew.
Do you have a morning routine that you swear by? What is it and why does it contribute to your success?
- I am still working on my routine, working towards finding my own solution. Therefore, I cannot answer that at this time.
Do you have a favourite business podcast? Why do you love it?
- No I don't have a tonne of time to listen to podcasts :)
How do you relax and recharge?
- Spending time with family & friends.
What advice would you give to someone just starting out in business?
- Be strong & stay true to your values.
How do you maintain a positive mindset in business and life when those inevitable challenges arise?
- I focus on what I have accomplished thus far and keep my eye on the prize!