We're excited to introduce you to Canadian female founder Kristina, the owner of Kristina Benson Art, based in Kamloops, BC, where she creates unique pieces of inspiring artwork and designs them onto yoga leggings, capris, kimonos and more.
What would you say is the #1 thing it takes to be successful?
- The #1 think that it takes to be successful is patience!
What's one thing you do everyday that contributes to your success?
- One thing I do everyday that contributes to my success is acknowledging the small wins as great as the big wins.
What's one book that's contributed to your business success?
- One book that has helped contribute to my business success is Wayne Dyer's 'Living An Inspired Life'.
What is your favourite productivity tip?
- My favourite productivity tip (especially if I feel like procrastinating) is a 12 minute timer! I set my timer to chime every 12 minutes. Each time it chimes, I stop what I am doing and do a different task. This gives me 12 minute to focus on a task at hand. If my to-do list has 4 important items, let's say, I do the first one for 12 minutes, switch to the next, then switch to the next. Sometimes I throw in doing laundry as one of the tasks, as this helps give my body a break if I find myself in front of the computer for too many hours.
What inspired you to start your business?
- Art inspired me to start my business. I have always been an artist and then trained as a Graphic Designer in University. I wanted to get back into my roots as an artist at the same time that I was doing a lot of self-growth work. It was a perfect pairing. And something I can share with the world!!
Do you have a morning routine that you swear by? What is it and why does it contribute to your success?
- My morning routine I swear by: 1. coffee. 2. meditation. 3. visualization. It works because I can calm my mind and be ready for the blank canvas in front of me (aka - the day ahead.) With visualization, I place myself in the 'feeling' place I want to be instead of dwelling where I am. Great things have become of this routine!
Do you have a favourite business podcast? Why do you love it?
- My absolute favourite YouTuber is Joseph Rodrigues. He creates mind maps and walks you through some of the greatest books of all time such as Napolean Hill's 'Think & Grow Rich'. He has been such a resource for me to turn to.
How do you relax and recharge?
- When I want to relax and recharge, I love sitting on my patio with loved ones and of course the pups!
What advice would you give to someone just starting out in business?
- Advice I would give to someone just starting their business is not to be overwhelmed with the thousand different ways you can go - but focus on what and why you are doing what you are doing.
How do you maintain a positive mindset in business and life when those inevitable challenges arise?
- To maintain a positive mindset in business, I look at my many amazing customer testimonials about my products and art!