We're excited to introduce you to Crystal, the owner behind Prairie Chick Prints, an online store (based in Sherwood Park, AB) offering charming and cheeky goods like mugs, pencils, greeting cards & totes. We hope you enjoy getting to know her a little more. Here we go - Behind The Biz with Prairie Chick Prints!
What does the perfect morning look like to you?
- Hot cup of tea, silence and a view of somewhere warm.
What's your favourite thing about owning a small business?
- Doing all the crazy things I want to do ;)
If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
- Somewhere exotic, maybe Fiji.
What did you do before you started your business?
- I was a senior graphic designer.
What's one thing people might not know about you?
- I went to art school to be a painter and came out a graphic designer!
What's your proudest moment in your business so far?
- People hearing of or knowing my company name :)
What makes you laugh the most?
- Mostly my husband, the kids and my crazy friends.
What 3 items would you take to a deserted island?
- 1. Crochet hook
- 2. Yarn
- 3. Bottle of wine
- I’d make a hammock, relax in it and get drunk while watching the sunset! Sometimes it’s good to turn off the creative thoughts and refresh :)
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Hopefully doing the same thing just better :)
What's one of your biggest values when it comes to your business?
- Support and shop local.
What's the biggest problem your business solves for people?
- Unique gifts with colourful language that you can't just find anywhere.
What's the biggest challenge you've overcome in your business?
- The toughest thing was figuring out how to print mugs with swear words!
We hope you enjoyed Behind The Biz with Prairie Chick Prints and getting to know Crystal a little more! Visit her website to view her selection of cards, mugs, planners, pencils, wine labels and totes.