We're excited to introduce you to Rowena, the owner behind Pink Liberty, a fashion destination for modern, everyday clothing, with a touch of glam based in Calgary & Okotoks, AB. We hope you enjoy getting to know her and her business a little more. Here we go - Behind The Biz with Pink Liberty!
What does the perfect morning look like to you?
- Journalling, coffee, makeup coupled with a great outfit is the best start to the day. Add in some sunshine and the rest is gravy.
What's one thing people might not know about you?
- Don't hate me, but I don't really like Pizza haha!
What would you sing at Karaoke night?
- So cliche, but I Will Survive!
What did you do before you started your business?
- I also run a consulting company in communications and marketing/digital, in addition to running Pink Liberty. I am juggling both, but determined to hustle.
What 3 words best describe your business?
- Fun. Feminine. Freedom.
What's your favourite thing about owning a small business?
- Seeing my customers have a minor 'feeling myself' Beyonce moment when they wear Pink Liberty! This brings me so much joy. I also love to inspire women by showing real and raw moments of the business/motherhood journey. I am also constantly being inspired by so many hard-working and diverse, kind women that lift each other up and support one another.
What's one of your biggest values when it comes to your business?
- Exceptional service. My customers are so supportive and wonderful. I want to ensure I'm constantly giving them 125% all the time.
What's your proudest moment in your business so far?
- Being able to run a full retail and e-commerce operation completely on my own. It's the hardest thing I've ever done, but so worth it.
What's the biggest problem your business solves for people?
- I help women see what they might not see in themselves. Women are beautiful, giving creatures. We often forget this, because we are so busy giving to others, that we forget to remember who we are and what we are meant to be. I love to help women build their confidence, not only through fashion, but also by working hard and showing them that moms can do anything!
What's the last book you read?
- The Four Agreements.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Opening a second Pink Liberty boutique location. Taking a very, very long holiday.