Father-Daughter Business Siji Jewelry
We're so excited to introduce you to father-daughter duo, Stefano & Stephanie. Together they run the handcrafted jewelry company, Siji Jewelry. Their stunning jewelry designs are created using all natural materials like copper, brass and aluminum and perfectly mix feminine and rustic elements.
We asked them a few questions about their business and what it's like working together. We hope you enjoy getting to know them as much as we did. Enjoy!
How did your business come together? Share a bit about your start in business.
- My Dad has been a metal worker for over 35 years, so when he told me that he had been experimenting with jewelry making, I was excited! I've always been super passionate about business and creating, so starting a little online jewelry shop sounded like a great idea to me. Together we decided that we were going to start this new endeavour. We began to design our collection and work on building up enough stock to fill our etsy shop. My Dad makes all of our jewelry by hand using tools and techniques he's learned over the years, while I manage the face of the brand from social media to our etsy shop.
Why did you decide to work together?
- We decided to work together because we have both always had dreams of starting and running a business. When the opportunity came up to have the chance to do that we were both thrilled to give it a go. We have always shared a close father- daughter bond so having an outlet to express creative freedom together is pretty awesome.
What's one thing that contributes to your success as a Father-Daughter duo?
- I think that the one thing that contributes to our success would have to be that we really do get along well, and we both have the same goal of wanting to deliver a quality handmade product to our customers and make sure they are satisfied at the end of the day. Teamwork makes the dream work.
What's your favourite moment working together so far?
- I would have to say that my favourite moment working together so far would be reading the wonderful reviews and messages that our customers leave us & hearing the great feedback about our jewelry. Every little milestone that we hit is huge for us, and we are so grateful that people choose our shop to buy gifts for their loved ones and for themselves! It never gets old.
What advice do you have for other Father-Daughter business partners? Is this something you would recommend?
- I would say that nothing comes without it's challenges. Working with your family can definitely have its ups and downs but at the end of the day you need to be able to compromise, work it out and leave any family issues at the door to really concentrate on your business. Overall, it is a wonderful feeling to be able to work on something with my Dad and I love it!
Father - Share your favourite thing about working with your daughter
- I love my daughter so much.. that I like everything she does... just watching her making decisions and giving me advice about what we should or shouldn't do concerning the business. Most of all I enjoy listening and hearing the excitement in her voice and smile on her face. I know she's been searching for a purpose and I know she's found what she loves- to create and express herself.
Daughter - Share your favourite thing about working with your Father
- My favourite thing about working with my Dad is getting to spend more time with him than I probably normally would have if we didn't have our little business.
We hope you enjoyed getting to know this amazing father-daughter business duo. You can check out their handcrafted jewelry here.