We're excited to introduce you to Canadian female founder Tania, the owner of JUNCO Design, based in Vancouver, BC. JUNCO Design creates wearable art for adventurous souls, produced ethically in Canada with $1 from each sale supporting environmental conservation initiatives.
Canadian Female Founder JUNCO Design
WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IS THE #1 THING IT TAKES TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
- Have confidence and faith in yourself and your ideas. If you aren't 100% in love with what you do, and who you are, your business will slow down or never reach their full potential.
WHAT'S ONE THING YOU DO EVERYDAY THAT CONTRIBUTES TO YOUR SUCCESS?
- I review my goals, dreams and tasks daily to stay on track. I adjust as necessary and try not to be hard on myself if I didn't finish something when I meant to. The Bullet Journal Method has really helped me stay on track.
WHAT'S ONE BOOK THAT'S CONTRIBUTED TO YOUR BUSINESS SUCCESS?
- Make It Happen by Jenna Herbut - she is an inspiring creative entrepreneur and I love that she's local. Her methods to stay on track and grow your creative business are invaluable.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PRODUCTIVITY TIP?
- I try not to sit at the computer for hours on end. I take short breaks every half hour or so to make tea, stretch, play with my birds, have a short dance party.... and so on.
WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START YOUR BUSINESS?
- I've always loved taking photos of nature, especially the details and textures. I had a huge library of images. I had been making textiles by hand painting and block printing and eventually switched back to using my graphic design skills to play with my photographs and make digital textiles. I wanted to create beautiful and unique textiles that made people feel excited about their clothing because it tells a story and is connected to nature.
DO YOU HAVE A MORNING ROUTINE THAT YOU SWEAR BY? WHAT IS IT AND WHY DOES IT CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR SUCCESS?
- I meditate for 15-20 minutes daily after breakfast, and choose a mantra to focus on for the day to keep me on track. The regular meditation has made a huge difference in how I respond to stress or unexpected things. I also get less distracted than I used to. The mantras have helped reprogram my brain to be more proactive and positive.
DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE BUSINESS PODCAST? WHY DO YOU LOVE IT?
- Marie Forleo Podcast. Marie is no-nonsense, wise, fun and very knowledgable. Her interviews and Q&A episodes always give me a boost and fresh inspiration.
HOW DO YOU RELAX AND RECHARGE?
- On a work day I go for a walk in the woods, have a short nap, or make a new design or digital art piece. For a longer break I escape into nature for camping or to the family cabin.
WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO SOMEONE JUST STARTING OUT IN BUSINESS?
- Everything takes longer than you think, but you are never behind. We all get there in our own time, and what we have to offer is valuable. Take care of yourself, and take the time to go deep with understanding your passion and purpose.
HOW DO YOU MAINTAIN A POSITIVE MINDSET IN BUSINESS AND LIFE WHEN THOSE INEVITABLE CHALLENGES ARISE?
- I surround myself with other people who support each other and maintain positive outlooks. Making a gratitude list can really help as well. The more you try to look through the bad to find the good, the easier it is to release the bad. It sounds kind of hokey, but with practice it can really work.
Thank you so much to Tania for sharing some of her greatest success tips and general business advice. What an inspiration for us all!
To learn more about her business and her incredible wearable art, check out her website.
If you'd like to discover more Canadian female founders, view the full blog series here.