We're excited to introduce you to Lara, the owner behind Stinky Bunny, an online kids fashion shop that is fun, functional and affordable, based in Calgary, AB. We hope you enjoy getting to know her and her business a little more. Here we go - Behind The Biz with Stinky Bunny!
What does the perfect morning look like to you?
- My perfect morning includes coffee in bed and snuggles with my kids.
What's your favourite thing about owning a small business?
- I love meeting new people and watching my customer's children grow up. I have quite a few customer's who come back annually for custom birthday outfits so it is much fun seeing how the kids change.
What did you do before you started your business?
- Before starting Stinky Bunny, I was a Project Controls Specialist working on major oil & gas projects.
What's your proudest moment in your business so far?
- My proudest moment in business is getting the opportunity to sell my products in Beaners Fun Cuts for Kids salon locations across Alberta.
Aside from your business, what's your biggest passion?
- When I'm not working on Stinky Bunny, you're most likely to find me and the kids at the ranch petting dogs and riding horses. I have been crazy for animals my whole life and I love nothing more than hanging out with my beloved pets.
How would your friends describe you?
- My friends would likely describe me as honest, witty and fiercely loyal.
What's your favourite holiday and why?
- My favourite holiday is Christmas. It's the one time of year where both sides of our family come together to celebrate.
What's the last book you read?
- I'm about a decade late to the party but I finally read Holly Madison's books about her time in and after the Playboy Mansion.
What would you sing at Karaoke night?
- At Karaoke night I'm most likely to be belting out anything by Taylor Swift.
If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
- Fiji! My dream trip is some quiet time lounging in a hut over the ocean.