We're excited to introduce you to Canadian female founder Jessica, the co-owner of Scrub Inspired, based in Ottawa, ON. Scrub Inspired makes all-natural skincare products that are eco-friendly, vegan, and cruelty-free to simplify your daily routine.
Canadian Female Founder Scrub Inspired
WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IS THE #1 THING IT TAKES TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
WHAT'S ONE THING YOU DO EVERYDAY THAT CONTRIBUTES TO YOUR SUCCESS?
- Believe in myself.
WHAT'S ONE BOOK THAT'S CONTRIBUTED TO YOUR BUSINESS SUCCESS?
- For a blast of inspiration, "In The Company of Women".
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PRODUCTIVITY TIP?
- Make a to-do list.
WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START YOUR BUSINESS?
- Simply, a rosemary plant. My business partner Kiersten and I created a salt scrub with natural ingredients I had in my kitchen. We had that ah-ha moment that skincare doesn't have to be complicated or expensive, and Scrub Inspired was born!
DO YOU HAVE A MORNING ROUTINE THAT YOU SWEAR BY? WHAT IS IT AND WHY DOES IT CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR SUCCESS?
- I like the start the day slowly. I stretch, make a cup of coffee, turn on CBC radio and get ready for the day. I enjoy having that moment for myself and then tackle whatever my day may bring!
DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE BUSINESS PODCAST? WHY DO YOU LOVE IT?
- How I Built This with Guy Raz. I love hearing of other businesses humble beginnings, and how they built it up to the successful company it is today!
HOW DO YOU RELAX AND RECHARGE?
- Yoga. Through this practice I can re-calibrate my body and mind, while getting a great workout!
WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO SOMEONE JUST STARTING OUT IN BUSINESS?
- Open a seperate account and put 15% off all your sales in there, and don't touch it. You'll thank me when your first HST payment is due!
HOW DO YOU MAINTAIN A POSITIVE MINDSET IN BUSINESS AND LIFE WHEN THOSE INEVITABLE CHALLENGES ARISE?
- I remind myself of a proverb my husband once told me: Do not base your achievements using someone else's timeline. Meaning, don't compare yourself to others. Everyone's success looks different and comes at a different time. Take it one day at a time and don't forget to celebrate your little wins!