We're excited to introduce you to Cynthia, the owner behind Peruvian Nuna, an online destination for high quality sustainable clothing and home decor made by skilled Peruvian artisans (based in Fort McMurray, AB). We hope you enjoy getting to know her and her business a little more. Here we go - Behind The Biz with Peruvian Nuna!
What 3 words best describe your business?
- Timeless, sustainable, vibrant.
What did you do before you started your business?
- I was a mountain guide for a very long time, leading trips in Peru, Chile and Argentina.
What's your proudest moment in your business so far?
- My proudest moment was to get out of my comfort zone when I decided to change my life and career 360 degrees by starting my company.
What's your favourite holiday and why?
- My favourite destination will always be a place where you can relax while having a drink and be able to combine some outdoor activities. I cannot just sit around all day. Explore, explore, explore!!!!
What's the last book you read?
- Extraordinary by my good friend Michael Dauphinee.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Living in the mountains somewhere with a second dog, while operating my business with possibly a small boutique.
How would your friends describe you?
- Adventurous, energetic, kind.
What's the biggest problem your business solves for people?
- It finds them timeless, sustainable products, while helping to maintain artisans heritage in different communities of Peru, in the comfort of their homes in North America.
When people shop from you, how does that impact you and your family?
- It makes us feel crazy happy and feel rewarded knowing we are able to support the artisans in Peru.
Aside from your business, what's your biggest passion?
- Traveling combined with some great hiking is the best therapy you could ever have. There is something magical about getting to know new places and learning about other cultures while exploring the less beaten path.