We absolutely love seeing mothers and daughters come together to build businesses like Debbie and Nicole from Tub Loves - Bath & Wellness Care (based in Priceville, ON) have. We asked this mother-daughter business duo some questions about their business partnership, what it's really like working together as a mother-daughter business and any tips they have for up and coming mother-daughter duos. Enjoy!
Mother-Daughter Business Tub Loves
How did your business come together? Share a bit about your start in business.
- Our passion for creativity, nature, animals and soap, led us to turn our work into a labour of love. Knowing that something is 'from the Earth' gives you that good-for-you, peace of mind, feels just right, feeling. Which is why we wanted to create a bath and wellness care line using only nature's gifts. Our business is run with hard work and pride, hand creating each product in small batches with love from our home. We use only natural, simple ingredients that are locally sourced in Canada.
Why did you decide to work together?
- We decided to work together as it allows for another outlet for us to collaborate and express our creative sides.
What's one thing that contributes to your success as a Mother-Daughter duo?
- We encourage and support one another every step of the way, while innovating new ideas to enhance our vision for Tub Loves.
What's your favourite moment working together so far?
- Our 1st Birthday milestone! How time flies when you are having fun. It warms our hearts to have such a great support system. We are just so grateful!
What advice do you have for other Mother-Daughter business partners? Is this something you would recommend?
- Always keep an open heart and an open mind. Good ideas turn into great ideas when you respect one another. Being a team means that there should always be give and take from one another.
Mother - Share your favourite thing about working with your daughter:
- I get to spend time and share sooo many memories with my daughter. It’s the best!
Daughter - Share your favourite thing about working with your Mother:
- It has allowed our bond to grow and strengthen and I wouldn’t have it any other way!
We hope you enjoyed getting to know this amazing mother-daughter business duo and local Canadian shop. You can check out their luxurious, toxin-free bath & wellness care products here.