We're excited to introduce you to Canadian business owner Layla from Over The Moon Jewelry based in Revelstoke, BC. Over The Moon creates meaningful jewelry using healing crystals to make delicate adornments and share the beauty that is held within our natural environment.
Canadian Business Owner Over The Moon
WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IS THE #1 THING IT TAKES TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
WHAT'S ONE THING YOU DO EVERYDAY THAT CONTRIBUTES TO YOUR SUCCESS?
- Drink coffee haha!
WHAT'S ONE BOOK THAT'S CONTRIBUTED TO YOUR BUSINESS SUCCESS?
- The Subtle Art of not Giving a F by Mark Manson
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PRODUCTIVITY TIP?
- Have a good playlist and put your phone away... Far away!
WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START YOUR BUSINESS?
- Seeing successful and inspiring local artists at the Revelstoke Farmers Market
DO YOU HAVE A MORNING ROUTINE THAT YOU SWEAR BY? WHAT IS IT AND WHY DOES IT CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR SUCCESS?
- I can't function without a proper breakfast and good coffee! After which I usually tackle my least favorite tasks of the day (like accounting for example). So then it's done and I feel productive and good about myself :)
DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE BUSINESS PODCAST? WHY DO YOU LOVE IT?
- Dear Handmade Life! I love all their business tips but also how their podcasts are not only business related but highlight self-care and mindfulness.
HOW DO YOU RELAX AND RECHARGE?
- By spending time outdoors! Rock climbing, hiking and skiing make me feel alive, grounded, and boosts my creativity.
WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO SOMEONE JUST STARTING OUT IN BUSINESS?
- It's gonna be tough (and amazing!) but don't give up! And don't count your hours yet...
HOW DO YOU MAINTAIN A POSITIVE MINDSET IN BUSINESS AND LIFE WHEN THOSE INEVITABLE CHALLENGES ARISE?
- By seeing these challenges as positive. Challenges make you learn about your business and about yourself. These experiences will make you and your business stronger. If you're facing something big, chances are you are not alone in this situation. Talk about it, ask advices on forums or blog posts, broaden your perspective :) .
Thank you so much to Layla for sharing some of her greatest success tips and general business advice. What an inspiration for us all!
To learn more about her business and explore her jewelry line, check out her website.
If you'd like to discover more Canadian business owners and business related blog posts, check them out here.