We’re excited to introduce you to an amazing Canadian business, The Pretty Pink Studio. Denise, the owner of The Pretty Pink Studio, designs lifestyle illustrations of brightly coloured fashion and pretty things, stationery and home decor (especially for those who love pink) in her home studio that’s based in New Tecumseth, ON.
What’s one thing you do everyday that contributes to your success?
- Staying connected with customers, followers and even other businesses women on social media. I have found much success in this and have created wonderful friendships by staying connected.
What’s one book that’s contributed to your business success?
- Definitely the Graphic Artists Guild Handbook: Pricing & Ethical Guidelines. It’s a large book and there’s a lot more that I need to read and learn but it’s helped me during some events.
What is your favourite productivity tip?
- Writing everything down because if you’re like me, you’ll forget those brilliant ideas!
What inspired you to start your business?
- My love for illustrating and stationery. Every time I’d see a greeting card or stationery item in a store, it screamed my name! I knew inside that I could do it too.
Do you have a morning routine that you swear by? What is it and why does it contribute to your success?
- Washing your face with a really good moisturizer and having a warm cup of tea (or coffee if you’re a coffee lover).
Do you have a favourite business podcast? Why do you love it?
- Craft a Life You Love by Amy Tangerine. I love hearing about different kinds of successes and how much a life of craft and art can impact someone’s life positively. It’s so inspiring!
How do you relax and recharge?
- Watching a really funny show with my husband, especially before going to bed.
What advice would you give to someone just starting out in business?
- Don’t be afraid to try new things before deciding what really defines your business. I tried a few different ideas and techniques before realizing what I really enjoyed. And take your time. I truly believe that great things take time.
How do you maintain a positive mindset in business and life when those inevitable challenges arise?
- I struggle to remain positive sometimes but my husband is really great at reminding me that I am more than capable of accomplishing my dreams. He’s my biggest cheerleader.