We're excited for you to get to know Sanja, the owner behind Vossity Beauty (based in Calgary, AB). Vossity Beauty is an online beauty boutique specializing in organic, vegan, cruelty-free, and non-toxic products.
Get to know Vossity Beauty
What would you say is the #1 thing it takes to be successful?
- Tenacity! If you believe in it, fight for it because no one will do it for you.
What's one thing you do everyday that contributes to your success?
- Being organized and prepared. There's nothing worse than feeling rushed or not having something ready so I take a lot of time to plan out my days and weeks and make sure things don't get missed; although sometimes they do, I try not to be too hard on myself.
What's one book that's contributed to your business success?
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck.
What is your favourite productivity tip?
- Don't put too much pressure on yourself to be on 100% of the time. Take breaks when you need them and be ok with not everything going the way you planned.
What inspired you to start your business?
- My desire to push myself and create something from scratch to prove to myself and others that a female immigrant mom can do anything she sets her mind to.
Do you have a morning routine that you swear by? What is it and why does it contribute to your success?
- I get up and get myself ready before the kids are up. This gives me time to myself to listen to a podcast or the news and feel more prepared and ready for the day. I have the same breakfast with coffee ALMOST every day.
Do you have a favourite business podcast? Why do you love it?
- I actually don't listen to too many business podcasts because I find they make me anxious and feel like I'm not doing enough. I love podcasts like Court Junkie, Pantsuit Politics, Smartless, and Good For You.
How do you relax and recharge?
- I love to read and bake and indulge in super garbage tv shows because as much as people say they don't like them, I think everyone likes a little Real Housewives from time to time.
What advice would you give to someone just starting out in business?
- Be flexible and have the ability to adapt without taking things too personally. You'll hear more "No's" than "Yes's" so remind yourself of your purpose and "why" and you'll be just fine.
How do you maintain a positive mindset in business and life when those inevitable challenges arise?
- I believe community is everything and asking for help when you need it is the strong thing to do. Surround yourself with people who will build you up and support you while also humbling you and being honest.
Thank you so much to Sanja for sharing some of her greatest success tips and general business advice.
To learn more about her business and explore all that Vossity Beauty has to offer, click here.
If you'd like to discover more Canadian business owners and business related blog posts, check them out here.