We're excited to introduce you to Ashley, the owner behind Canadian business Geti Cosmetics. Geti Cosmetics (based in Trail, BC) is a clean beauty brand for everyBODY that is gentle on your skin, planet and wallet.
What would you say is the #1 thing it takes to be successful?
- Perseverance. Starting a business is one of the toughest things I've faced. It takes unstoppable positivity & motivation in spite of constant setbacks and disappointment until things start to work for you.
What's one thing you do everyday that contributes to your success?
- Connect with nature. My business is built on the foundation that nature is our best Scientist. I always find inspiration whenever I engage her in a conversation about how things work.
What's one book that's contributed to your business success?
- Total Money Makeover - running a business takes liquid capital & lingering debt can crush your business dreams, fast.
What is your favourite productivity tip?
- Do the tasks you tend to avoid right away & don't let things sit on your to-do list for too long - you'll make it out to be a bigger job in your head than it actually is.
What inspired you to start your business?
- After a decade in health & wellness, a health scare prompted me to have a close look at the products I used that might affect my hormones & endocrine system. I wasn't satisfied with the products I found out there, so I started making things for myself. After a while, I saw the benefits to my skin & had to share what I learned with the world.
Do you have a morning routine that you swear by? What is it and why does it contribute to your success?
- I wake up EARLY & get my day started while the world is still quiet. That way, I can take some time in the afternoon to reset if needed & I'm way more productive.
How do you relax and recharge?
- Either in the garden, tending to my flowers - they're always so happy - or by playing some video games (the need to intensely focus helps me get my mind of anything that's bothering me).
What advice would you give to someone just starting out in business?
- Connect with as many people as possible. You never know who can help you make a deal, spread the word, or give you the feedback you need to grow.
How do you maintain a positive mindset in business and life when those inevitable challenges arise?
- Remember everything else you've grown through. When Geti first started, I juggled business stress with surgeries, treatments, and constant pain. If I can get through that - this is the easy part.
Thank you so much to Ashley for sharing some of her greatest success tips and general business advice. What an inspiration for us all!
To learn more about her business and explore her products, check out her website.
You can save 20% at Geti Cosmetics when you join The Discount Club!
If you'd like to discover more Canadian business owners and business related blog posts, check them out here.