Are you looking for local shops in Oakville, ON to support? You’re in luck! You can shop local in Oakville with Rock It Sockets. Rock It Sockets creates functional crystal and gemstone phone grips so you don’t have to worry about dropping your phone.
We asked Shelley, the owner of Rock It Sockets, a few questions about her journey as an entrepreneur so far. We’re so excited for you to check out all that she has to share. Enjoy!
What would you say is the #1 thing it takes to be successful?
- Passion. It is the driving force behind successful business owners, and without it, your business will struggle.
What’s one thing you do everyday that contributes to your success?
- Manifestation. When you shift your mindset to only positive thoughts, the outcome will always be great. Just trust the process.
What’s one book that’s contributed to your business success?
- I’ve read many business-related books over the years as inspiration, but the one that has really resonated with me is “She Means Business” by Carrie Green. Carrie explains that there is never a better time than now to say ‘yes’ to turning your dreams into reality while guiding us along on how to effectively doing so in the most real way possible.
What is your favourite productivity tip?
- Social media is crucial in order to run a successful business these days, and planning your posts in advance is a MUST! I generally post anywhere between 2 weeks to a month in advance using apps or websites like Hootsuite, Planoly, etc. Not only can you ensure your feed looks cohesive, but it will allow you to focus on both customers and your products/services.
What inspired you to start your business?
- I consider myself to be very spiritual and am such a lover of crystals. I believe each one carries energetic properties and wanted to create a product that allowed like-minded people to take their stone(s) with them wherever they went. Not only this but be able to accessorize their phone case as well in a unique way!
Do you have a morning routine that you swear by? What is it and why does it contribute to your success?
- Before I get out of bed each morning, I always begin by generating one positive thought in my mind. I find this truly sets the tone for your entire day and leads you to believe you can conquer anything you put your mind to.
How do you relax and recharge?
- Although being present online is so important when running a business, there are times I really need to just ‘unplug’ from it all and insert myself into a peaceful place like the woods. I love going for long hikes and camping with the family. There is something so calming about being outdoors with all of mother nature’s beauty that can help clear your mind and allow you to get back into the grind when you need to.
What advice would you give to someone just starting out in business?
- Be patient. Rome was not built in a day. Many business owners fail because they gave up far too early when they did not see instant results. If you have passion and drive, keep going. I guarantee the process is always worth the effort.
How do you maintain a positive mindset in business and life when those inevitable challenges arise?
- I thrive from challenges as they are my biggest form of motivation. I believe they are what allow you to grow both personally and professionally. If you can maintain this mindset, you will be able to overcome any obstacle thrown at you. It is so important to remember that for every problem, there is a solution.