We’re excited to introduce you to Lorelei, the owner behind Calli Essentials, a natural skin care product line formulated with botanicals, hydrosols, vitamins and essentials oils (based in Burlington, ON). We hope you enjoy getting to know Calli Essentials and Lorelei a little more!
What’s your favourite thing about owning a small business?
- When someone tells me how much my products have improved or healed their skin. Makes my day every single time.
What 3 words best describe your business?
- Effective, honest, and engaging or maybe personable is a better word.
What’s your proudest moment in your business so far?
- It is not a moment; it is the feedback. I am always proud when someone tells me how much they love my products.
What’s your favourite holiday and why?
- Thanksgiving, because it is just about gathering with family and friends, breaking bread and sharing a glass of cheer.
Get To Know Calli Essentials
What’s the last book you read?
- Brave Enough – Cheryl Strayed.
What 3 items would you take to a deserted island?
- Calli Essentials Cell Renew Hydrosol, Chardonnay, and my dogs.
What’s one of your biggest values when it comes to your business?
- What’s most important to me is to create natural products that are effective at a fair price.
What’s the biggest problem your business solves for people?
- I used to be frustrated about the cost of skin care products. Even drugstore brands are getting more expensive. My product help people improve their skin without breaking the bank.
When people shop from you, how does that impact you and your family?
- Oh my gosh! It impacts me in such a big way! It allows me to continue to do something I love, while helping people, so I am always most appreciative!
Aside from your business, what’s your biggest passion?
- I live on a farm with horses and I get to share this farm experience and my horses with a local Special Needs Adult group, for free. This is life-changing for many of them and their families.