Are you looking for local shops in Sherwood Park, AB to support? You’re in luck! You can shop local in Sherwood Park with Anchored Collective.
We’re excited to introduce you to Canadian business owners Kathie and Sarah from Anchored Collective. Anchored Collective is an inspired apparel and accessories brand devoted to giving back to the community.
Shop Local in Sherwood Park with Anchored Collective
What would you say is the #1 thing it takes to be successful?
What’s one thing you do everyday that contributes to your success?
- Connection with our community.
What’s one book that’s contributed to your business success?
- The gifts of imperfection by Brene Brown.
What is your favourite productivity tip?
- Quality that lines up with the values of your community. For us it’s quality over quantity, there is value in the meaning of what we produce. Don’t comprise the quality ever. Keep your standards high.
What inspired you to start your business?
- We wanted to do something that made a difference. We wanted to be able to give back to our community in need. We wanted the win/win approach to a purchase, you get something and you give something. It’s a beautiful thing.
Do you have a morning routine that you swear by? What is it and why does it contribute to your success?
- Yes, each morning I wake up grab a cup of coffee and sit in the quiet and read my bible. Some days it’s only minutes and other days it’s an hour. Then I get dressed in my work out gear and make sure to move for 30 minutes each day…it can be a hike, a walk/run, a dance party…I just need to move. This keeps me grounded and calm, I start my workday ready to seize the day!
Do you have a favourite business podcast? Why do you love it?
- Rise by Rachel Hollis, because she is positive, honest, sometimes hard-hitting but so motivating.
How do you relax and recharge?
- Before Covid-19 I used to go on short vacations with my husband. Go to a different city, I like the hustle and bustle of it all, go for walks, have coffee, people watch, take in a show or concert and eat good food. Now, my relax and recharge is doing yoga in my office for 30-60 min or a walk outside in the fresh air. Simple things.
What advice would you give to someone just starting out in business?
- Know your why! Stick to it and don’t wait for everything to be perfect (because you will never start) just go for it. Have fun, breath, and enjoy the ride!!!
How do you maintain a positive mindset in business and life when those inevitable challenges arise?
- Faith and the why behind what we do.
Thank you so much to Kathie and Sarah for sharing some of their greatest success tips and general business advice. What an inspiration for us all!
To learn more about their business and explore their collections, check out their website.