If you’re looking for a local shop in Banff to support, you’re in luck! We’re excited to introduce you to Jordan, the owner behind Grow Tea Company, a local shop based in Banff, Alberta. Grow Tea Company is an online tea retailer offering organic herbal teas made from premium botanicals.
What would you say is the #1 thing it takes to be successful?
- Support. If I didn’t have an understanding partner, family and friends, this would be a whole lot more difficult.
What’s one thing you do everyday that contributes to your success?
- Start every day with a cup of tea.
What’s one book that’s contributed to your business success?
- Business Plans for Dummies.
What is your favourite productivity tip?
- Keeping lists on my daily tasks keeps me motivated. Also extremely satisfying crossing them off.
What inspired you to start your business?
- Tea and botanicals has always been a hobby, and I wanted to create a full time job out of my passion.
Do you have a morning routine that you swear by? What is it and why does it contribute to your success?
- A cup of tea first thing, then followed by some yoga. This keeps me grounded, and allows my body and mind to get ready for the everyday stresses of owning a business.
Do you have a favourite business podcast? Why do you love it?
- Shopify podcasts are my favourite. They constantly have new and successful entrepreneurs to learn from.
How do you relax and recharge?
- Play with my cat Penny, and walk to the river near my house.
What advice would you give to someone just starting out in business?
- Call everyone you can to gain more advice and information about your industry. You would be surprised how many people will take the time to chat with you.
How do you maintain a positive mindset in business and life when those inevitable challenges arise?
- I’m not going to lie, it’s difficult some days, especially if you are like me and are the only employee. I always tell myself to just do one thing at a time, keep to your lists and to remember that feeling of my very first sale.