We’re excited to introduce you to Canadian business owner Rayhan from Kraywoods, a sustainable eyewear brand based in Montreal, QC.
GET TO KNOW KRAYWOODS
What would you say is the #1 thing it takes to be successful?
- The #1 thing it takes to be successful is perseverance.
What’s one thing you do everyday that contributes to your success?
- Start my day with gratitude.
What’s one book that’s contributed to your business success?
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie.
What is your favourite productivity tip?
- My top productivity tip would be to always keep a task list with all your To-Do’s sorted by level of priority or importance.
What inspired you to start your business?
- As an optician, I was always passionate about everything eyewear. While working at optical stores, I became inspired to create my own line of unique and sustainable eyewear.
Do you have a morning routine that you swear by? What is it and why does it contribute to your success?
- My morning routine consists of me going through my morning skincare routine, ie pampering myself, having breakfast, and enjoying a must-have cup of coffee. Once I’ve done all these steps, I feel ready to start my day full of motivation and energy!
Do you have a favourite business podcast? Why do you love it?
- The Gary Vee Audio Experience is my favorite business podcast. Gary Vee has a way of motivating young entrepreneurs to give their 1000% to their business in order to succeed.
How do you relax and recharge?
- I relax and recharge by taking an evening to cozy up on my couch with a bowl of popcorn and watch a movie.
What advice would you give to someone just starting out in business?
- I would tell them that it’s going to be a long and bumpy ride, but to make sure to enjoy every single moment of it, because it’s all going to be worth it in the end.
How do you maintain a positive mindset in business and life when those inevitable challenges arise?
- When challenges arise in my business, I try to focus on my journey from the start and the growth that I was able to accomplish since then. Seeing where I started from and where I got to now in my business allows me to have the motivation and perseverance to keep going even when things get hard.
Thank you so much to Rayhan for sharing some of her business tips and general business advice. What an inspiration for us all!
To learn more about her business and explore her eyewear collections, check out her website.
If you’d like to discover more Canadian business owners and business related blog posts, check them out here.