We're excited to introduce you to Canadian female founder Marina, the owner of Art of Marina based in Toronto, ON. Her online shop offers a collection of beautiful kimonos, home decor and original watercolour artwork all hand painted by Marina Billinghurst.
What would you say is the #1 thing it takes to be successful?
- Passion - YOU absolutely MUST do what you love - there is no other way, it has to fill your soul.
What's one thing you do everyday that contributes to your success?
What's one book that's contributed to your business success?
- "You are a Badass" by Jen Sincero - it's the first book I read that made me believe I could at least try. It gave me that push I needed. She speaks like a real person and she's brilliant.
What is your favourite productivity tip?
- Time Blocking - a MUST.
What inspired you to start your business?
- When people started asking my where I bought my kimono....
Do you have a morning routine that you swear by? What is it and why does it contribute to your success?
- Start with a screen free morning, a walk with my pup and stretching.
Do you have a favourite business podcast? Why do you love it?
- How I built this with Guy Raiz.
How do you relax and recharge?
- Paint, it's my creative therapy! My heart and soul.
What advice would you give to someone just starting out in business?
- If you don't love it, don't do it... Because it's really hard, like REALLY hard. And if you love something- like REALLY love something, you won't quit. And only then do you have a chance to succeed.
How do you maintain a positive mindset in business and life when those inevitable challenges arise?
- Therapy! Meditation, and I try to find the good in everything, even the failures are lessons.
Thank you so much to Marina for sharing some of her greatest success tips and general business advice. We love how passionate she is about what she does and how she sees the positive in every situation. What an inspiration for us all!
To learn more about her business, check out her website.
If you'd like to discover more Canadian female founders, view the full blog series here.