If you’re looking to shop local in Calgary and support a new business, you’re in the right place. We’re excited to introduce you to Togzhan, the owner of local Calgary shop Oh My Garden Inc. Oh My Garden Inc. creates skincare and haircare products, made from high-performing plant-based ingredients. We asked Togzhan a few questions about her journey as an entrepreneur so far and know you’re going to love all that she has to share. Enjoy!
What would you say is the #1 thing it takes to be successful?
What’s one thing you do everyday that contributes to your success?
What’s one book that’s contributed to your business success?
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future
What is your favourite productivity tip?
- Manage your energy, not time.
What inspired you to start your business?
- The power of every person to change the world. I started Oh My Garden! to change the beauty industry and make it sustainable, intelligent and uplifting for women.
Do you have a morning routine that you swear by? What is it and why does it contribute to your success?
- Having at least 15 minutes before kids wake up helps me to get focused and set the right mood for the day.
Do you have a favourite business podcast? Why do you love it?
- Shopify Masters – it is a podcast by Shopify that features ecommerce entrepreneurs. I love that it brings behind the scenes of the successfully growing companies.
How do you relax and recharge?
- I love spending time with my kids in nature. Even the closest park makes such a big difference. I also love the energy of water. So spending even a few minutes a day next to the pond or river makes all difference.
What advice would you give to someone just starting out in business?
- Write down a list of your 50 beliefs. Share that with the world (not at once!). Beliefs are what make you – you. By sharing them openly you have big chances of finding your tribe, those who truly resonate with you.
How do you maintain a positive mindset in business and life when those inevitable challenges arise?
- Writing down everything on paper helps to realise that the challenges are smaller than I imagined in my head. And also the process of writing helps me to zoom out and see the steps that I need to take, instead of staying paralyzed.