We're excited to introduce you to Sheren, the owner behind Blue Rockies Silver Studio, a carefully handcrafted silver and gemstone jewelry shop inspired by the Canadian wilderness (based in Devon, AB). We hope you enjoy getting to know her and her business a little more. Here we go - Behind The Biz with Blue Rockies Silver Studio!
What 3 words best describe your business?
- Three words that I would use to describe my business is: Creativity, Integrity, Bold.
What did you do before you started your business?
- I run my jewelry business part time. I would love to do it full time but I currently work full time in health care and I just love working with seniors so can't quite give that part of my life up just yet!
What's your favourite thing about owning a small business?
- My favourite thing about owning a small business is setting my own designs and interacting one-on-one with customers through my work, effort, creativity and online presence. I just love being able to create my brand and go with it, and having everyone's support so far has been so amazing!
What's your proudest moment in your business so far?
- My proudest moment in my business so far is the amount of custom work I've sold. To be able to talk with a client and get a verbal description of what they are looking for then to draw it out for them and have it come to fruition through silver and gemstones is a true accomplishment.
What does the perfect morning look like to you?
- The perfect morning to me is waking up to the smell of coffee with the warm sunlight flooding the living room, my dog Odin sunbathing while I tend to my flowers, and of course my partner making breakfast. haha!
If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
- I've always said if I could travel anywhere it would be the Hawaiian islands and/or France. I've been obsessed with each place since a kid. I finally made my way to Maui this past March and it exceeded all my expectations! It is breathtakingly beautiful and even that phrase doesn't do it justice. So I guess my answer is now France!
What's one thing people might not know about you?
- The one thing people might not know about me is that I have a strong love, bordering on obsession, for handstands of all types and have been doing these inversions for 7 years, intermittently, trying to better my upside down view!
Any embarrassing moments you'd like to share with us?
- Any embarrassing moments that I'd like to share? haha this question always makes me run the other way. I try so hard not to embarrass myself! I got into my car one time after work, went to put my seat belt on and realized the top button of my blouse was undone revealing a good view of my cleavage. I was wondering why the lady in admin looked at me funny. I still don't know how long it was like that for!
What makes you laugh the most?
- What makes me laugh the most? Two words: Larry David.
If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to and why?
- If I could go back in time I would definitely travel back to the 20s. The fashion, the parties, the dancing, the prohibition and bootlegging, women's rights, suffragettes. What a time.