We’re excited to introduce you to Ingrid, the owner behind Coo-Mon Accessories et Cultures, an online boutique of fashion accessories inspired by the various continents and colours of the world (based in Montreal, QC). We hope you enjoy getting to know Coo-Mon Accessories et Cultures and Ingrid a little more!
What does the perfect morning look like to you?
- My perfect morning starts with meditation, follows by a few minutes of reading after going to check my emails and prepare my daughter for school.
What’s your favourite thing about owning a small business?
- To be able to explore my creativity at its best and connect with people around the world through my accessories without knowing them.
If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
- Since I have started to work with Shweshwe I want to go to South Africa to better learn about this fabric and the people in this country.
What 3 words best describe your business?
- Discovery, colours, cultures.
Any embarrassing moments you’d like to share with us?
- I can never forget that moment. I was pregnant, my colleague and I were in an elevator in France where we were for a scientific congress. My colleague was telling a joke and I asked her to stop because I want to pee but she continued and I peed in the elevator without being able to stop. Fortunately for me, it was in the middle of the night and we were able to clean all before someone else took the elevator.
What’s the last book you read?
- The universe has your back by Gabrielle Bernstein
What did you do before you started your business?
- I was at the end of my PhD. studies in biomedical sciences.
What’s the biggest challenge you’ve overcome in your business?
- It is not easy to keep my motivation every day.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- I am working to have sale points in Toronto, Vancouver, France, and United States in five years and also launch a fund to support single mothers to launch their business.
When people shop from you, how does that impact you and your family?
- As a single mother, every purchase made from my shop is important to my daughter and me as it allows me to offer her a better life.